We recently stumbled across some tartlets on The Pink Whisk and I just had to give them a try. Recently we have been trying different recipes with eggs to try and help with Neil’s vitamin B12 deficiency. We have been trying out various flavours of quiche but these little tartlets were just the perfect size. We have adapted The Pink Whisk recipe to work for us. Neil loved adapting the recipe with Chorizo because they are just a few mouthfuls he has no issue with the egg content.
225g plain flour
100ml single cream
80g roughly of strong grated cheese
You can then add different fillings of your choice we have tried
Chorizo and garlic mushroom
Spinach and garlic mushroom
Cheese and onion
- Rub flour, salt and butter together between your fingers to make a breadcrumb like mixture. We used a food processor which is quicker.
- Make a wells in the centre of mixture add the egg and enough cold water to combine to a dough. Wrap your dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre heat your oven to gas mark 6
- Prepare you fillings, grate the cheese, sauté mushrooms, cook bacon whatever it is you have chosen.
- Grease a cupcake tray with some butter or oil.
- Roll pastry to about 4mm thick and use a cookie cutter. Place each pastry circle on tray and allow to sink naturally for a few minutes. Gently push the pastry into each cake case after when you have cut them all out.
- Add your fillings to each pastry case. Make sure not to overfill. We usually put the cheese on top.
- In a cup or jug whisk the eggs and cream.
- Fill each case with a little bit of mixture.
- Cook on gas mark 6 for about 20 minutes
Check out other recipes in our Recipe Section