Do you like having a proper breakfast at weekend? We like to make time for something proper as weekdays can be such a rush. Monday – Friday it usually some cereals or a piece of toast and run out of the door. Although I have started to make more of an effort and try Soaked Oats.
The weekend brunch is a great recipe to try, it also encourages family time. You can prep it and spend quality time playing with the kids or even go for a nice country walk. You could then all sit down to lovely warm filling breakfast to set you up for the rest of the day.
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup grated cheese
3 sliced mushroom
1/2 diced tomato
1 Tablespoon frozen spinach
1 Tablespoon crumbled feta
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine self raising flour and yoghurt to form dough.
- Using 3/4 of the dough, roll out until about 5mm thick. Use the dough to line a mini (5cm) springform tin.
- Place half the cheese on the base, then layer the mushroom, tomato and spinach on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and add the feta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gentle place cracked egg on top of mixture.
- Roll out the remaining dough to form a lid.
- Place dough lid on and use a fork to crimp the edge together.
- Cook on high for 2hrs with a tea towel under the lid to stop any moisture hitting the Pastry.
You can also just brown the pastry a little in over after cooking to give it a bit more crunch and crumble.