Everyone loves cupcakes, or they do in my house anyway. You can do so many different things with them. One of my childhood memories was my grandma doing butterfly cakes with cream and homemade jam.
Cupcakes are also a great way to get kids into baking they are easy and introduce measuring and following a recipe. They are extremely easy to make and teach basic kitchen skills. Plus they can learn how to wash up the mess after.
My best memories with my grandma were baking, She was the best at making cakes and I used to love Sunday afternoon making all sorts of yummy treats, I remember the year she taught me how to make my very first Christmas Cake. One memory and I’m sure all kids have this up on that list of favourite things to do whilst baking is licking the bowl. YUMMY and its still the best part today only now I have to fight the kids for it.
So these cupcakes are super easy to make hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
110g (4oz) butter softened (we use a good margarine)
110g (4oz) caster sugar
110g (4oz) plain flour
2tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 medium eggs (at room temp)
1 tsp Vailla extract
- Pre heat over to 180c/350f/gas4 and line you cake tin with baking cases.
- But butter and sugar in a bowl and beat till it is light a fluffy (it will go pale in colour that’s when you know it’s done).
- Sift the flour baking powder and salt into the bowl with the butter mixture.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix till just combined (don’t overmix as cakes won’t be light and fluffy).
- Spoon mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake in the centre for about 18-20 minutes till risen and golden brown in colour.
If you want to make chocolate ones just replace 30g flour with 30g of cocoa powder.
Make sure you use Vanilla extract not essence as it doesn’t give the same flavour.
If you like cupcakes you also ave to check out our CARAMEL CUPCAKES they are delicious