110g (4oz) plain flour
Pinch of salt
300ml (10floz) milk
15g (1/2oz0 butter melted
Sunflower oil/butter for the pan
- Sift the flour and salt on a bowl
- Make well in the centre and add the half milk and eggs
- Whisk till you have a thick smooth batter then once all smooth add the remaining milk and melted butter. (you could stick it all in a blender and whizz together if easier)
- Heat a non stick frying pan (a 20cm one is a good size) and then slightly grease the pan and then pour or as we do use a ladle and cover the pan in a thin layer of mixture.
- Cook for about 1 to 1 ½ minutes until golden brown underneath making sure to free the side as it is cooking.
- Once golden brown take a spatula and go right under the pancake to turn it or you can always just flip it in the pan (ours always end up on the floor LOL)
- Cook for a further minute till golden brown then serve
You can add anything to your pancakes check out some suggestions below:
Sugar and lemon
You can even have them savoury as well by adding thing like chicken or Bolognese sauce