Granola Snack Bars
2 ½ cups Oats
1 cup desiccated Coconut
½ Cup seeds (pumpkin seeds, sliced almond you choose)
½ cup Golden flax seed
¼ Tsp Cinnamon
2/3 cup Dried Fruit
2/3 cup Choc chip or more dried fruit
½ cup butter melted (about 80g)
½ cup clear honey
2 tbsp dark brown Sugar
- Pre heat over to, 150c, 300f, gas mark 2.
- Line a over dish approx. 9 x 12 “ with baking paper making sure to leave some overhang as handles to pull the granola out when cooked.
- Mix all dry ingredients (Oats, Coconut, seeds, cinnamon and sugar) making sure all well mixed together
- Mix in the dried fruit you have chosen and chocolate chips or double qty of fruit.
- Once all well combined add the melted butter and honey and combine well making sure the mixture is all wet and combined (it won’t be a really wet consistency but will all have a shiny look to it)
- Pour mixture into the pre lined tin and using wet hands push firmly in to the tin making sure you push in to corners and spread it evenly.
- Cook for 23-30 minutes in middle of pre heated oven until golden brown
- Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool in the over dish at least 2 hours
- Once cooled use the side of the baking paper to pull from the oven dish and you can now slice how you wish.
Tip: You can freeze the pieces of granola and take out as and when so you can make a batch and freeze just atking out a piece each day.
Being a family of 6 it doesn’t last long in our house so we cut into 3” sq pieces and place in an air tight container.